Monday, May 12, 2014

Mentorship

Content:

Literal:
Mentorship Log
Heather Gonzalez, The Lab: Creative Arts Studio

Interpretive:
The most important thing I've gained from this experience is relating what you've learned and researched to real-life situations. My EQ is more of "How to" question rather than a "What is" question. During research and mentorship, I got good information for my EQ, and I got actual observations on how my mentor does her tasks. After reflecting on what I've learned and what I've experienced, I've applied them in finding answers for my EQ.

Applied:
Shadowing dances have been really helpful to me in finding answers to my EQ. I even took a few classes. As I was shadowing the classes, I was able to see which moves complemented the song and which moves looked a bit odd. Not only that, I got to see different teaching methods and how it worked and how it didn't work, affecting how far into the song the dancers progressed. Taking classes helped me see things in a dancer's perspective. Some dancers can pick up choreography quite quickly while others can't, thus taking the difficulty of the dance routine in mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment