Sunday, January 5, 2014

Senior Project, The Holiday

1. Over the break, I carried on with mentorship hours, worked more on my independent component, and did some more research articles. For mentorship hours, I just kept going to the dance studio. For the independent component, I started make videos of how to do some of my dance moves when I do hip hop.

2. From what I've learned, emotions really make your moves look more legit rather than half-hearted. A dancer can dance by just throwing out popular moves that the audience have seen before but are still cool to watch. However the dancer can lack the passion and feeling for it. But a dancer can really dance if he/she puts the emotion behind it. Even the simplest of moves can look just as good as a difficult move if the dancer can portray the right emotion.

3. If I were to do a 10 question interview regarding on the answer to my EQ, I would ask my current mentor, Heather, or a friend, Josh, who frequently attends the same dance studio to practice break-dancing.
I would interview more on Heather regarding on strictly choreography questions such as how to effectively teach your choreography to the dancers and how to position them. I would interview Josh on different dance moves that go well with certain hip hop music and how to approach those dance moves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment